View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #7
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShacterShack View Post
Your photography is stupendous! I know it is the eye and mind behind the lens that makes the picture and not the equipment, but what do you use (Canon obviously, but what model and lens/lenses)? Do you do any post-processing before posting?

Thanks.
My equipment is somewhat dated since retiring. Canon 5D MKII (Seriously Jonesing for the MK IV) Lenses are the real secret: 16x35, 24x70, 70x200 all "L" glass. I shoot RAW so post processing is a given to create low res JPEG images for posting. I'm still using Aperture and try to come back as close as possible to what my eye saw when I shot the picture.
As for eye and mind; (thank you for the compliment) starting out, I tried to look at why I liked a certain photo more than another. Everyone looks at the photos they've taken during a trip and there is always those 2 or 3 that really stand out. Why? It's probably different for each person but once you know what you like then it's just a matter of making that happen when composing the shot. If you'd like to pm me I'd be happy to discuss more of the detail involved in composition as well as accessories that help make the shot happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5998 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	14275  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote