View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 08:49 AM   #12
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
You know, I don't know if it will ever be fine again. When I was younger we had no money, had to save all year long to take a 1 week vacation and got to go to someplace like Zion or the like. When we got there (or other places like it) it was vacant. It was just you and the landscape. Fantastic. We didn't go anywhere again for a year.

Fast forward to today. I have no idea where people get all the money they seem to have, and there are so many of them that it boggles the mind. The pictures in the link just make me sad to say the least. But there are millions of folks going, doing, wandering around every single day; in what used to be isolated, desolate pristine areas - no more. I think it is a picture of the future however dismal it may be. So, after reading this article I told my wife that beginning in spring after we return from FL we are going to forego going to the places we own and take out to see all the wonderful places I've not taken the time to see - before I can't.
What about the crowds? I vowed when I retired from flying that I would travel America and see things from the ground. I hadn’t taken the crowds into account. Big spoiler for me and the wifey.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote