View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 08:14 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Yes John I do remember the TTs of old. We bought a brand new 1972 Triple E 22' TT. We were the envy of the park (dry camping) at Dog Lake in Thunder Bay ON.
It had a 3 way fridge and inside propane stove with an oven. Plus a bathroom. Talk about "uptown" WOW!
Remember the old Dometic 3.5 cuft refrigerator with the "2" door on the outside where you had to use needle nose pliers to hold the kitchen match and insert it about 8" inside that little door to light the pilot? All that, in the wind, on a rainy night, while setting up the trailer? How about that "push and hold" bypass for the water heater pilot? You know, the one that always blew out with any wind over a "slight breeze" ??? Seems like it would blow out if the kids ran past the water heater too fast LOL

I remember our old Prowler (orange and white) that had an Instamatic 6 cuft refrigerator. We could light the pilot with a "twist knob sparker" from the inside. We thought that was such an improvement, until the flint was used up and we found that we had to remove the refrigerator from the wall to access the flint. Thank heavens for my trusty Zippo lighter. I always kept a few spare flints under the cotton wadding that held the lighter fluid. Otherwise, the refrigerator would have been "just another storage cabinet".....

Today's RV's are "luxury palaces" compared to even the most expensive trailers "back in the day"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote