View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 01:59 PM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I don't think that's a hole. Where the Dicor is missing is actually just a channel for the rubber insert that runs down the front. I'll find out for sure tomorrow!
Is there any reason I can't use Eternabond instead of Dicor for the areas that are going horizontal (where roof meets metal going down the front)?
Eternabond - "Because EternaBond® is made using MicroSealant Technology®, depending on surrounding conditions, EternaBond® has an estimated life expectancy of 18-35 years if applied correctly."

As Marshall said, the normal way is with Dicor. Also, if you're talking about the length that goes right from the hole in the Dicor in the pic, I would suspect there are some kind of fastener/screws under that Dicor; at least they are on mine. Eternabond is considered a "permanent" application, won't come off and is hard to deal with if you're trying to get to a screw under it. Not so with Dicor. As far as a hole or not - that's a hole. What's under it I don't know but you can bet when the put the sealant over it they intended for it to be sealed.....and stay sealed. I wouldn't even worry about looking at it anymore. I would get the old plastic scraper out, several tubes of Dicor and reseal all of the roof if it even looks sort of like anything in the pic. If you don't have damage somewhere from bad sealant you have dodged a bullet.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote