Thread: Idiotic Design
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 05:37 PM   #69
Rber1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsr View Post
We took our Pastor and his Wife up to the Upper Peninsula last year in our 2018 Bullet Premier. We had a great time, but did have one major problem with the RV.
The supports for the table top conversion to a bed were stapled in, and one of the supports gave way, causing the table top to fall. Luckily we had a piece of plywood that fit under the support, after we re-attached it to the cabinet wall, and rested against the floor, so no more problem with the "bed",
After coming home, the Wife and I used screws in all three supports , which work a hell of a lot better than staples.
I understand their use of staples, which are faster for attaching, but you would think that for supports that the table top rests on when using it as a bed, would be better served using screws and a good glue.
All in all, we are happy with our RV so far.
I have same trailer as you and I wondered about all the weight put on the tabletop when used as a bed. I went to local hardware store and bought some PVC pipe. I cut the pipe to fit where support tubes for table go when the table is lowered unto bed. Tabletop now supported in the middle and keeps top from flexing in middle and possibly cracking
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote