View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #12
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
If the previous owner left the black valve open when connected to sewer it probably has the dreaded "poop pyramid", big pile of dried poop, which will be a PITA to remove. You'll need a dedicated hose, not your drinking water hose, to run down the toilet with a pressure tip on it, open the drain valve, have someone inside working the hose up/down/around with someone outside watching the clear section. This may take some time, is not a pleasant job but eventually will work the pyramid out.
Afterwards NEVER leave the black valve open!!
My procedure was to leave the bath grey valve open as the shower fills it quickly, kitchen tank closed, a couple of days before draining the black close the greys, drain & flush the black tank, drain the kitchen tank it can smell as bad as the black, then open the bath tank to flush out the hose, add a couple gallons of water to the black tank + a big squirt of dish or laundry soap & your good til next time. The soap works as well as most chemicals, cheaper & lubes the valves.
Your signature lists a GAL! Do you talk her into helping with this enterprise? If so, you must have mind control skills. My missus doesn't do sewerage stuff.... she firmly believes this is the TOTAL and UNREVOKEABLE purview of ME (the hubby). I am sure she would neither wield the hose nor watch the clear elbow for successful pile movements down to the drain.

On a more serious note... it was recommended to leave gray water drains open. I disagree. We have gotten the little sewer fly infestation a couple times as I HATE to dump our galley tank as I have to get a large piece of cardboard, crawl under the slide and fish around behind the rear tire on our camper's driver side for the pull. This this is usually, if not always, located adjacent to the water bib, this makes thinks really annoying. The water bib in Texas is usually a fire ant fest. Even if you get to a campground with some fire ant granules and put them down, it doesn't help when you get under and open the tank nor the first dump of the tank; usually takes a day or so for the granules to kill off those nasty biters!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote