View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #17
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Gable View Post
I am not looking for increased capacity per say. I am looking to replace the OEM tires with a proven fifth wheel tire with a greater load and temperature safety factor in an effort to eliminate blowouts when towing for extended miles in 90 - 100 degree temperatures on our wonderful roads. Ambient Temperature, Road condition and tire flex lead to problems on a marginal tire. While the OEM tire is rated at 3520 lbs they each have deformations in multiple places on the side wall. Technically they do not limit the load capacity and are not indicative of an eminent failure; they are indicative of a lower quality tire construction and possible problems, Based on all of the China Bomb stories I do not want to take a chance. The original tires on my 2010 Coachman 291BHS were 205..R14's. I flipped the axles and replaced them with 225..R15's. Why, same reason, better tire and a known load safety factor. (BTW, in subsequent years Coachmen went to 15" tires) ST tires have a minimal factor of safety in loading and temperature. LT tires have a much greater factor of safety and when properly loaded run cooler.

I do not want to reduce the load rating of the tire with a higher quality replacement tire, I want to maintain the load rating while increasing the quality of construction and capabilities.

The rims do not have a pressure rating. They do list a load rating of 3580 lbs.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I will call Keystone. Then the rim manufacturer. I may be looking at another tire. The Goodyear was the recommendation of the tire dealer (independent heavy truck, tractor & car tire dealer).
If this is your goal... go get you some Carlisle https://www.carlislebrandtires.com/o...adial-trail-hd that's what I did... and a whole bunch of other folks as well...