View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 03:22 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

We go to FL as well but have been out and about in the west/southwest. As far as what amenities.....to me it depends on the pricing/location etc. What do you plan on offering? What CAN you afford to offer? For $300 a month I don't expect much. For $1500 I want a lot more.

As far as the lot; in the desert it would be nice to have a tree(s) somewhere. At a minimum I like a picnic table. Some kind of greenery, shrubs. I've seen places with sheds but have no use for one nor want to pay for it - others I'm sure feel differently.

As far as how long "snowbirds" want to stay.....I think that's all over the map. Some travel all winter and spend a couple of weeks to 6 weeks and move on. Others come in and spend 1/2 the winter in one place then move to another, still others come in and stay months at a time. We stay 3-5 months then get restless. I would guess that at the park we stay at in the winter the majority of the "long term" snowbirds stay 5-6 months. But, that is in FL and the majority of those come from up north; primarily Michigan, Canada, Maine etc. so they can't go back very early unless they want to go home and shovel snow I don't know where the snowbirds in NV come from so..... There are several on here I think that do spend a lot of time in the AZ area so they will be more informed.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote