View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 08:17 PM   #24
BamaRam

I found a couple of bubbles in the sealant along the back edge of the roof where it meets the siding. One has a crack in top of the bubble, looks like there could be screw there. I mashed on it and a little water came out (afternoon thundershowers).

Seems like I need to cut the top off the bubble and reseal. Eh?

A since we're on the topic, this is what alpha says.

RECOMMENDED REPAIR METHOD FOR ALPHA SYSTEMS
ROOF SEALANT

During routine cleaning (3-4 times a year), all caulk and sealants should be inspected for voids or cracking. If the caulk is cracking, pull up any loose caulk. Do not use any tools, such as a putty knife, that could puncture the rubber roof membrane. If you cannot pull the caulk off by hand, it is still adhered to the roof and should be left alone.

Clean the areas to be re-sealed using regular soap and water. The area must be dry before continuing.

Apply a generous amount of Alpha Systems 1010 Sealant over the top of any existing caulk in the area being re-sealed.

To order products now, call 800-462-4698. Please allow 3-5 business days before product ships from our facility. Shipping charges will be added to your order.

Solvents should not be used during cleaning. Solvents can damage existing caulk and may weaken plastic parts that are present on the roof.

On another note, the membrane appears to be loose around several fittings and seams where the sealant has been applied. Maybe the wrong sealant caused this??