View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #15
mikz86ta

So here is an update. Carefree has made it a bit harder to process the warranty and you can't do it direct.
Calling them was OK to deal with and after the initial call, every other communication was via email. The representative seemed to want emails back and forth. And every email I sent which was clear and informative, my reply from the rep was very berif. He wanted info on purchase and pics which was perfect fine and I had all of that. But then the rep let me know the part # , the MSRP $ and I would need a local dealer to process my request further.
So I contacted a dealer who does on-site repairs and upgrades. Having dealt with Carefree in the last, the local dealer found it strange I needed them to look at it first and submit a claim. But for a $80 on-site I inspection and estimate, I had them come out.
From this point on, I felt with the local shop. They were super nice, professional and got things rolling. Unfortunately even for them to process the claim, they had to wait for lengthy replies from Carefree. They also told me that the new process was indeed different from before. And their prior claims either dealt with insurance claims for accident damages or faulty products they had sold & installed. So doing a claim for a product from another dealer or a manufacturer installed, was different.

So anyways, my arm arrived a week ago and is scheduled to be installed Tuesday next week. I only paid the $80 and the rest is warranted. So happy!
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote