View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:52 PM   #23
rsl

I purchased my current unit from a large dealer near Cincinnati, which is a little over 10 hours one way from me. I conducted my including trade in over the phone and through email, it was great process all on the up and up. The price was almost $5k less then I could get from any place locally so I went into the deal very skeptical. I had the warranty work concern also, the salesman assured me Keystone had a nationwide warranty coverage on it and reminded me the factory warranty is short only a year and if anything breaks it probably would not be within a year anyway. I figured the salesman was just trying to sell a unit so I called and followed up with an email to Keystone customer service. I was informed that Keystone requires their dealers to provide warranty repairs to all units regardless of if they are bought there or not. So with that being the last deciding factor I drove the 10 hours and got me a new RV. The dealer had everything ready when we got there, pulled our trade in next to our new RV, did a walk through, signed the paperwork and spent the day moving stuff and going through it with a fine tooth comb making a list of any issues no matter how minor. We spent the night on the dealers lot (they provided electric, a water fill up location, and on site dump station). When we got up the next morning we did a second nit picking, then gave the list to the service manager and went to breakfast. Upon returning from breakfast and checking on status they had about an hour left and then we were on the road home with the punch list items taken care of. Got home found a leaking toilet valve, call the dealer, at my request they just sent me a new one and a spare under warranty.

Almost done with the story I swear..

End of camping season comes along, we have been making a list of minor issues that we wanted taken care of under warranty. I called the local Keystone dealer, they asked me VIN and told me they would not work on it since I didn't buy it there, I explained Keystone advised I could take it to any Keystone dealer. They stood their ground they were not working on it. I called Keystone and explained to them what was going on, they put me on hold then came back and said they had called that dealer, tried to make an appointment to have a unit worked on and were refused. Keystone rep advised me they would write up an incident report a submit it. I asked about the guarantee Keystone had gave me in writing and the response was yes that is our (Keystone) policy but they can still refuse....... Keystone rep advised however they would penalize them by knocking down the discount they get on unit purchases. Keystone rep then suggested another dealer in the area and made the comment that it might be a bad idea for me to take my unit to the dealer that I had Keystone force to work on it and cost them lots of money with the penalty. Keystone rep contacted the other and had them call me to setup an appointment. That dealer fit me in and fixed my unit. Now I am out of warranty and on my 5 year extended warranty which all dealers are happy to accept ($$$$ for them).
rsl is offline   Reply With Quote