Thread: Faux Stone Help
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
mikz86ta

Faux Stone Help

Hey ladies and gents, I had a question about the faux Stone some RVs have around the fireplace or a kitchen island. I know it's made from some type of styrofoam but made to look like rough cut laid/stacked 3D stones.
However, I have no idea what it's actually called or where to find a good color selection and size selection.

Story is we were looking for a kitchen rolling island to add more prep top counter as well as storage. Our Fuzion FZ 420 has an L-shape bar. While for most trips and for room to move for a family, it's great layout. For us, we love the layout. But for just the two of us plus 2 dogs...add 1 kitten now, adding an extension would fit our needs. Especially since we full time for now.
We had a max height, width and depth requirement. But proved to be very hard to find that perfect fit.
At Home Depot, they sell kitchen peices for do-it-yourself in sections. We found the Butterscotch color matched well and a Upper Cabinet Corner fit awesome. But the back of it is unfinished and I wanted to add the faux stone to it. Which brings me to above question
Our other option is sticky mosaic tiles. Paid $89 for the corner cabinet, $2 for a nice door handle, and $xx for 4 caster wheels. About $112 upgrade we are happy about
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote