View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 06:16 AM   #7
ChuckS

I own a 2014 Alpine and feel like Im pretty well versed in the hyd system and what it needs to run...

Here is a pic of the 3 of 4 solenoids in the hyd pump system...

The solenoid to the far right is the ONLy one for all hyd slides...I’d check voltage at this solenoid.. one side is DC power and other is common ground.. these are located up in your passenger side battery compartment looking up high toward the front.. the other solenoid not located here is on the passenger side front LG and is for both front legs

Does the hydraulic landing gear all function normal during raise, lower, and auto level? If so then issue is just with slide out circuit or DC load being presented to either the dual polarity solenoid or that 50 amp breaker

You may measure voltage on that “load side” of breaker but is the current carrying ability there at 50 amps...

I would absolutely upgrade that resettable breaker to 80 amps before continuing your trouble shooting

I’d also check the source signal to the dual polarity solenoid terminals for the hyd pump motor..

When your slides stop do you still have signal source at solenoid from slide out circuit?

Have you tested the dual polarity solenoid? Link for test procedure ....

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...y_Solenoid.pdf

My year Alpine did not have in command .. and aim glad...however I’m fairly well versed at troubleshooting the in command system as well

You stated you heard “clicks” when you pressure manual override switch on BCM for slideout. ...this tells me you have power to slide circuit and the clicks are the relay on the BCM

The voltage drop down to 11.2 volts you are measuring at the BCM terminals going to the slide solenoid is too low..

Anything below 11.6 volts and the system most likely won’t run...

Check voltage at the far right solenoid “black arrow” and see what you have when you select slides to operate...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C6CB4C7B-D184-4941-9FD8-F6CC409F5EED.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	21412  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote