View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #24
Kathy&Hugh

Anchor Down is a great place and worth every penny (lots of them) if you're just staying there and not venturing out. Otherwise, I'd suggest something in Pigeon Forge which is a little less pricey. Just because you're Camping in Pigeon Forge, doesn't of course, mean you're gong to be there 24/7. Gatlinburg is only a 15 minute drive through the park; all the attractions, whether they are natural or glitzy, are within 15-30 minutes as well.
I know this sounds way old school, but maybe contact the tourist center or Chamber of Commerce for both Galtinburg and Pigeon Forge and have them mail you their info. I've been going there for over 35 years and still have only touched the tip of the iceburg. It makes more sense sometimes if you have a book in your hand (With lots of discount coupons) to try and make some sense of everything.
No matter what you decide thee are a few things to remember: 1) it will be fairly cool (not by Michigan standards but by TN standards) at that time of the year. It could be 50/70 but will more likely be 40/60 so be sure to check the 10 day forecast before you leave. It's up in the mountains so it's always cooler there than even Knoxville, just an hour away. Also, that is the same time as the local Spring breaks, so try and make your camping decision as soon as you can. The area is always full of locals, especially on the weekends.
You'll have a wonderful time, no matter what you decide. You could stay there for a whole year and never see/do everything.
Kathy&Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote