View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 08:05 PM   #32
CWtheMan

Those that are familiar with my postings should know that I support what is supposed to happen. It is not my intent to be arbitrary with my posts.

The following are the actual paragraphs from one of the FMVSS (standards) RV trailer builders MUST comply with. If they or their representatives wish to embellish their answers to such questions, so be it. Those that do that may just not know the actual requirement or are just saying things to satisfy the question at hand so they can move on.

S10.2 On RV trailers, the sum of the GAWRs of all axles on the vehicle plus the vehicle manufacturer's recommended tongue weight must not be less than the GVWR. If tongue weight is specified as a range, the minimum value must be used.

S10.4.2 The weight value for load carrying capacity on the RV load carrying capacity labels (Figures 1 and 2) must be displayed to the nearest kilogram with conversion to the nearest pound and must be such that the vehicle's weight does not exceed its GVWR when loaded with the stated load carrying capacity. The UVW and the GVWR used to determine the RV's load carrying capacity must reflect the weights and design of the motor home or RV trailer as configured for delivery to the dealer/service facility. If applicable, the weight of full propane tanks must be included in the RV's UVW and the weight of on-board potable water must be treated as cargo.

Those are from a 2018 document. If you wish the read the entire standard here is a reference.

http://federal.elaws.us/cfr/49CFR571.120

NOTE: The topics above are the same for trailer's under 10K. If in doubt you can look at 49 CFR 571.110.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote