View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 07:38 AM   #12
chasefamily

I am joining late to this discussion (hoping this is helpful) but I have/had a similar TV problem in by 2018 Montana HC 305RL. I have great reception from the antenna with booster, but trash from the cable connection in the convenience bay. So did some research and investigation and found some diagrams on this Google search "2018 montana high country coax cable diagrams"

This was a starting point and from there I found the wiring diagrams useful but not accurate. I also found that others have complained about loose or bad Coax connectors. So with this information I purchased a cable tester and coax termination kit and found at least 2 (so far) bad connectors and when replaced the pictures got better. I still need to test all the cables and hopefully that will correct the problems.

On a another note, if you pull off the covers on the cable/sat connectors? See if you find that both ports are really a bridge to a single cable. If so, this all goes back to a multi-port ANT/SAT bridge. Mine is located behind a panel in the basement. The first thing found was all the connections were loose and only finger tight.
chasefamily is offline   Reply With Quote