Thread: I 81 in Va.
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 04:31 AM   #25
Dave W

I have to agree that I81 has bad traffic but also have to say that it is no worse then many others in the US these days. We travel I81 (Binghamton, NY)at least to I64 (Staunton)fairly regularly and if hauling the 5er just get in the slow (HA!) lane and let the idiots pass us by. I81 just North of Harrisburg is where I did the ultimate test last fall of the disc brakes on that 5er.

All I can say about the traffic is to get used to it. More people with more dollars to spend mean that the roads are busier then what they were designed to handle, cars and trucks carrying all that Chinese crap to your favorite store.

Locally, we have I87, Adirondack Northway. That interstate was mostly two lanes for the first 20 years of its existence. Now three from Albany to North of Lake George and it is full of cars and trucks as it is the main road from NY City to Montreal and our OSOGREAT state government feels that instead of fixing roads that all use, it's better to apply pork to 'social' projects, benefiting few (my political diatribe for the day).

Oh, and our Fords handle the bumps well
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote