View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #17
CWSWine

Like the legal department of WDOT told me that the state doesn't change the GVWR of the vehicle and the limitations put on the vehicle manufacturer still have to be followed. Sorry, you can register your F150 for 14,000 Class 3 truck and make it legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
I think you were asking a different question than using a vehicle on the road and paying the weight fees to do that. Washington State routinely license pickups at weights that are higher than the manufacturers GVWR.

Washington State takes the tare weight of the truck times one and one half and then rounds up to the next even K. My 2001.5 8800GVW RAM was licensed to 12K. My 2015 with 11,700 GVWR is licensed to 12k and I can pay a little more and license it to 14K. Which allows me to operate it at those weights, as long as I do not exceed the bridge weight laws referenced in (a) and (b) below. No pickup is going to exceed these laws. States like Wa and Az collect weight fees based of the load hauled. If stopped you are normally directed to go purchase the addition tonnage in Washington according to our resident commercial hauler on the forum. Again, thing declared weight and fees paid.

RCW 46.16A.455
(3) Motor truck, road tractor, truck, and truck tractor - exceeding six thousand pounds empty scale weight. Every truck, motor truck, truck tractor, and tractor exceeding six thousand pounds empty scale weight registered under this chapter or chapter 46.87 RCW must be licensed for not less than one hundred fifty percent of its empty weight unless:
(a) The amount would exceed the legal limits described in RCW 46.44.041 or 46.44.042, in which event the vehicle must be licensed for the maximum weight authorized for the vehicle; or
(b) The vehicle is a fixed load vehicle.

(a) and (b) deal with wheel base and tire width, think federal bridge weight laws.
2016 GMC Denila 1 ton Diesel CC 3722
2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
Montana 3711FL Front Living Room 5er
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote