View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #7
bsmith0404

Best advice I can give, always walk around your unit and think about everything before you actually start doing anything. Example, when I first started out with our first 5er I would often forget to bring the rear stabilizers up before I started raising the front jacks to hook back up to the truck. Luckily something always triggered my brain before any damage was done, but they definitely had some serious pressure on them a couple times.

Also plan ahead, have gloves, buckets, hoses for "dirty work". You don't want to use your drinking water hose to flush the toilet if it plugs. You don't want to be messing around with the sewer hose without gloves. I once had someone pull my black tank valve while the camper was on a storage lot. I had dumped and flushed it before putting it away, but there's always a little extra that doesn't drain out until it gets moved around going down the road. Well, once the valve is pulled the cap is the only thing holding it back...have to remove the cap to connect the hose. Glad my new RV has the valves behind a locked door.

Basically, have "stuff" with you in case "stuff" happens.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote