View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 09:11 AM   #166
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post

Our 2005 Copper Canyon came with LT 235/85-16Es even though my GVWR is 12,360. Being a 2005 I don't have the yellow sticker, just the VIN weight statement inside a cabinet door near the sink, where it holds up a lot better!
I do have an email from Keystone with the build information that states LT 235/85-16s were installed at the factory.

Just saying.
Russ

If you're referring to the vehicle certification label, I can assure you there was supposed to be one. The manufacturer’s certification label for trailers must be affixed to a location on the forward half of the left side, such that it is easily readable from outside the vehicle without moving any part of the vehicle.

On our 2003 Everest it was located on the left side forward basement door.

It was a clear violation for Keystone to sell your trailer without the certification label. There is no provision to place it anywhere other than directed by NHTSA.

My research files are quite extensive. More information about vehicle certification and equipment certifications can be found in the following PDF.

I can't get the PDF file to a place to copy. You'll have to put this information in your search engine....REQUIREMENTS FOR MANUFACTURERS OF MOTOR VEHICLES AND MOTOR VEHICLE EQUIPMENT