View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 07:17 AM   #1
Dan Lockwood

Several Questions On '12 Raptor 395LEV

First off, our Raptor was built in June of '12 and the '13s were coming out. Ours carries a '13 title. Do I refer to it as a '12? I'm guessing yes as the true '13 has a bit different floorplan than the '12. Also in the serial number, it lists the RV as a dual axle instead of a triple axle. Although I can clearly see it has three axles. Don't they know what they make when they title it?

Now on to the real questions.

If I want to bring in "just" the kitchen slide to do maintenance on it, do I have to retract all three slides to get just one in? Is there any way to operate just one at a time?

In the old days of trailers and vehicles, I would always remove the brake drums/hubs, inspect the bearings and then hand pack them with grease and readjust upon assembly. Now I understand that the hubs all have center fill grease fittings. What is the proper procedure for greasing the hubs and how often should I totally disassemble them for a bearing inspection?

What is the little white hose connected to each of my two toilets with the spray nozzle attached? No, I really don't think it's a bum sprayer... Is it required for cleaning out the toilets or black tank water etc?

I've checked with a few RV salvage yards now and I'm not finding medicine cabinets or other small cabinets. Maybe they just don't want to remove them like a car/truck salvage yard does for parts.

Are there wholesale/retail places to purchase extra cabinets? Since my wife has relegated me to the garage half bath, I would like to add a couple cabinets for my "stuff".

And the last thing I need to ask........ I forgot what it was... I should have written it down right then and there, but I was copying the properties of the above picture and thought for sure it would remember it... But alas, not.

Maybe later, if I remember that is.

Anyone else have a short term memory problem? I'm about 70 and I just chalk it up to old age, but I'm not old in my mind. That is if I had a mind.

Later dudes and dudettes!
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote