Thread: RV Insurance ?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
Beachnut

IMHO Progressive insurance is by far the best RV insurance! I live in California, and did do research on RV insurance when we bought our new Outback 230RS in 2010. We still have it and have safely camped 436 days in it so far. Progressive had a policy with 100% replacement value that in the first (I think) 5 years if your trailer was totaled, they would replace it with new - exact match if still available, even if it cost more than you paid for yours! Or give you your purchase price back! Also (most important for me) if you LOCK a generator, bike, or solar panel to your trailer, photo it, and its stolen, your insurance covers it! (Never needed it so far, but nice to have). Also they have stated value contents - personal property insurance for your lap tops, TV's and personal items if they are stolen. Plus towing / road side assistance which is good - so if I am stuck on the roadside I have double coverage for towing needs. I could not find all the above with other companies. I still carry our home and vehicles on AAA as Progressive simply could not match AAA for those rates, so the trailer is all they have covered for us, but even still they were cheaper than many "bundled" price quotes I got at the time.
Beachnut is offline   Reply With Quote