View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 09:44 AM   #20
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsavair1965 View Post
Looks like I have similar problem on Keystone Sprinter 332DEN. Purchased October 2017 and used just couple of times a year. On recent trip this month traveling at 65 MPH the 80 Gallon water tank fell out tearing out the Coroplast and all the insulation. Not sure why they would think sheet metal screws hold up over 600 lbs. Had to call a mobile road side repair ($330) who came out from 50 miles away. He was able to get the tank drained and raised the tank and frame back in place. He had to drill out the existing holes and used bolts and washers to make it safe again. Does not look like service agreement covers this. I will contact Keystone in regards to this but have my doubts as to what will be done. Have pictures of this as well as the emergency repair order.

Has anyone else had such an experience as mine????
Absolutely! We just traded in a 2008 Keystone Raptor 3712TS toy hauler in which I had a very similar problem. Fortunately, ours happened in the back yard as we were preparing to leave. While filling the 120 gal. water tank, something "popped" and I noted the coroplast hanging down. When inspected, the "bows" holding the water tank in place had been fastened from the bottom up to the frame cross member using self-tapping sheet metal screws. Four (4) bows, 8 sheet metal screws, holding roughly 900 pounds of water.

We just purchased a new 2018 Raptor 353TS (last week) - I had been in hopes Keystone might have improved their build quality by now. Sounds like it would be a good idea to remove the coroplast on the new rig for a structural inspection!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote