View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Will be interesting to hear your experiences when you get to try them out. I'm not a "newer or different is better" kinda guy. Neither am I "we've always done it this way" person either. My theory is if we do it because we always did it then we would all still be wearing diapers (I know, I know we most likely will END UP in them again) LOL.

I'm sure the shipbuilders never thought anything but wood would be used, or when steel came about it would always be fastened with rivets. And who would have thought in the 1960's that engine manifolds and radiator tanks would be plastic? I never imagined that a "glued on fender" would hold up but her we are a couple of decades later and they aren't falling off.

While I love advancements in technology it's been my experience that "gimmickries'" are often advertised as "new technology" and to jump on that bandwagon can be costly either because your part of the experiment and paying for the R&D or it's a gimmick and you get "ripped off". I guess time will bear witness on the worthiness.
JMHO
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote