View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Another tech ordered a bunch. He used them to replace the front cap lights on a trailer. 2 months later I had to redo his work and found they failed. Another tech has had good luck with them. Im not a big fan.
That just makes me think that maybe it was "operator error". When I was young my friends would ask me to install their aftermarket radios and amps. This was when the new fangled "solderless terminals" were hitting the market.

A lot of guys would try to crimp the connectors with a pair of pliers, some would by those cheap "made in Japan" (really dating myself) crimpers that would bend if you just looked at them. Those folks deemed them "useless" but I never had an issue. Of course I was using a set of Klines wire strippers, and Klein's terminal crimpers and used either heat shrink tubing or liquid electrical tape to seal it all up. Also I would use good quality terminals and not the stuff from the "dime store".

Never had an issue and I had followed a lot of work where the incorrect wire stripper was used and there was one or strands of wire remaining in the terminal, terminals that were crimped on the insulation and not the conductor,and on and on. So I've not tried the new connectors yet but after seeing them the my first thought was "I wonder how long the learning curve for the Saturday afternoon tinkerer would be".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote