View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
Fishsizzle

Alpine in after our “QC”

Took the Alipne in for our list of things that we needed addressed after our first summer with it.

Keystone approved all of them, including fixing the vinyl gouge from the bolt falling out from the dinning light. ( we will see what that ends up looking like)

Anyway, I got a call right after drop off last month That my breakaway switch was fried, and I’ve been driving around since I bought it in May with locked up brakes. Mind you I put over 5K on it this summer., brakes worked just fine.

I told them they could pull a wheel and look, but I would be doing any brake work myself.

I got a call today informing me that Keystone didn’t approve my “brake away issue” I said ok no big. I get the “it’s unsafe, yada yada yada.

They want $1550 to take off the front of the 5th wheel to trace the wires to junction box. And then take off all wheels and repack the bearing as they are sure “ they got hot” and melted all the grease in the bearings. But they said the brakes were fine after looking at them and didn’t need replaced

Am I missing something? Am I dumb and telling them to take a hike I’ll check the bearings myself and fix and fried wiring? Anyone have experience with the breakaway brake system?
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote