View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 08:49 AM   #41
Dave W

Ford regen cycle is sometimes frustrating when it comes on a half mile from home - which it seems to do on a regular basis. To me it means that to clear that function I need to go around the block which in my case, is a 7-10 mile loop depending on my time.

That EGR cooler/filter is a 300 buck item that will throw a P0403 fault code when it starts to reduce the EGR gas flow by carboning up. So far I've been able to clear mine via a ScanGauge function and by using an extra dose of Power Sevice Diesel Kleen. That cooler/filter can be manually cleaned with about a 2-3 hour underhood 'experience' and a 60 buck set of gaskets instead of a replacement. There are some You Tube videos that show you how it's done.

No, again, I'll not be deleting the emissions on my truck. The payback time and cost way exceeds any positives. Then there is that fact that NY State uses the CA. CARB arrangement. While a diesel picup is currently excluded from a full emissions inspection, hints are being dropped to add them in the future and the cost of a jug of Walmart DEF is still less then 10 bucks about every 3000 miles (towing is about half that bobtail miles)
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote