View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 05:54 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

An umbrella and light ponchos don't weigh much or take up much space. A plastic tray like one made to go under dog bowls (shaped like a cookie sheet) next to the door for shoes. I keep cotton shop towels and wipe down fw hoses, and electric cables before storing. Also use them for drying the dogs, especially their paws. I use a folding step platform to help the dogs get in the truck. A fake turf step rug on top helps reduce the mud they drag in. The cotton rags can be washed and reused. Beach towels for drying people. A clean shirt before getting behind the wheel to drive after hitching up and a clean cotton shop towel in the truck to dry my arms and hands. Changing the shirt is a habit in the heat of the summer as well. I throw the sweaty/wet shirt in the bed of the truck. I have a topper on the truck so in the rain I'll stand under the open rear window of the topper while changing shirts.
I used to tell folks to have games handy for a rainy day but seems like kids are born with phones in their hands nowadays.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote