View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #5
xrated

FOUND IT! So today was a productive day. PPL Motorhomes issued a call ticket to have Fedex pick up the damaged unit and Fedex rolled up today and picked it up. PPL also was getting the new unit shipped out today......That's good customer service....and basically no questions asked, no pictures of the damage (although I took several). Dometic doesn't really make it very easy to figure out the wiring for the new unit, but I've spent some time researching and I believe I've got it. So today, I removed a double light switch that is on the wall in the garage area and stuck a mirror through the hole. Lo and behold, there was the thermostat wiring that came down from the overhead box for the new A/C unit. There was also a two conductor cable in the same box and it came to that same area behind the wall. I suspect that wire would be used if I were going to operate the furnace from that thermostat....which I'm not. So I cut a hole in the wall and pulled the wire up and out of it and got the new Dometic Single Zone CT thermostat wired and mounted on the wall. Next step is to pull down the inside trim plate that is around the existing vent in the ceiling and get the 120VAC, the 12VDC, and the thermostat wiring from the box over to the front face of the existing vent opening....which of course is where the new A/C unit will reside. Then it will be a waiting game for the replacement A/C unit to show up next week. It's actually going a bit smoother than I thought it might!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote