View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
campingcpl

We just got back last night from an extended weekend at one of the state parks about a 4 hour drive from us. When we got there it was nice and quite and hardly anyone there, it was great. Then Friday night the crowd starts rolling in. We now have a group of tent campers taking up about 4 camp sites around us and 2 tents per site and about 20 people with kids hitting balls with bats! Had one kid hit the side of the camper with a ball and told him to please keep the balls away from our camper (parents didn't say a thing to them about it). My wife and I were sitting in the camper relaxing after doing a long day of hiking and while sitting there I noticed that one of the guys from this group in the tents is standing at the back of our camper talking on his cell phone, drinking a beer and looking in the back window of our camper. I walked out the door and asked him if I could help him and he responded by saying "oh am I in your area". Then we had another camper near us that had 5 dogs and 3 kids all under 5 years old. They had more toys and trash on the ground around their campsite then a daycare center. The dogs constantly barked at everyone that walked past the campsite and the 3 kids would scream at the top of their lungs outside the camper door for what seemed like hours when the "parents" wouldn't let them in the camper. While riding our bikes around the campgrounds we also noticed several of the campsites that had the "city look or what I like to call the airport landing strip" and we both though that it was good we didn't have to deal with that as well. My wife and I are seriously starting to rethink the holiday weekend camping trips but they seem to work the best with our work schedules.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote