View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 10:40 AM   #38
Hblick48

We have had Thousand Trails zone pass for 4 years. Worked out fine for us. Only time we have trouble getting reservations is at San Francisco (Pacifica).

Leaving on Sunday for two weeks at the beach in Oceano, CA. CG is part of the "Trails Collection" so that park costs $20/night. Then going to KOA Moss Landing for 6 nights. We also go to Thousand Trails and Encore in Palm Springs for 2 weeks each in December and January. You have to be out of the system for 1 week between 2 week stays, so we go to a non TT park in Desert Hot Springs for 7 nights.

Been on 2 cross country trips. Drive 300 miles max per day. When overnighting, we usually stay at WalMart or Cracker Barrel. Longer stays are pre planned with reservations. It takes a lot of planning to get it done. I use RV Parkey, AllStays, and Google Maps to plan. I also built a spreadsheet that I use for these extended trips. It can get very complicated. Fortunately we have not had to change plans due to mechanical, health, or pet emergencies.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote