View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 08:04 AM   #13
mhbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Taking everything into account that has been said so far, let's say the vent cap has deteriorated and the vent is a 2 1/2 inch pipe. It would take about 2000 inches of rain to fill a 50 gallon black tank.....so much for that.
The RV park water was turned off at the pedestal. Maybe, just maybe the water cut-off leaks just the tiniest bit. And while we're making up strange things, your shut-off on the toilet foot pedal leaks just the tiniest bit. Strange,, but could happen.....I sure would like to know what it turns out to be.
I think maybe you hit the nail on the head, if the op leaves the hose hooked up. The first thing I would do is unhook the hose. In many campgrounds the water valve does not turn all of the way off and over time pressure will build up in the hose especially in the hot sun. With a leaky toilet valve the toilet will fill. Had it happen to me. with a older trailer.
Mel