Thread: Slideout Cable
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
stlucia

Badge

I feel your pain. I have two weeks of vacation and this year we choose to spend our time out of the office in the Florida Keys. We live in Central Texas. A 1460 mile juant, one way, to Key West. We arrived and found our slide-out cable was frayed. I, like you, contacted Keystone and got the same answer as you. I was told that I could drive to Fort Lauderdale and get an appointment with a Keystone dealer, when I contacted them (dealer) I was told that my repair would be "at least a week or two" to get fixed.

I then contacted a Keystone dealer close to my home and they said that they could get me up and running "in a couple of days". So, we packed up and headed home, cutting our vacation time short. We arrived back home a little after 2:00 am, so the next morning I contacted my local dealer and was told that the delay with the slide-out cable is usually on Keystone...waiting for them to ship the correct cable. So, I called Keystone back and yep, was informed that it takes "several business days" for them to receive the cable request and for them to ship the cable out. WHAT?

So, my delima is I put my fifth wheel in the shop, knowing that I'm looking at 4-5 business days (essentially the rest of my vacation) or taking the Keystone approach and saying "screw it" and try to enjoy our last week of vacation. Like your Keystone product, my is also under warranty...less than 1 year owned. Keep in mind that I've had a water leak that was soaking my carpet, and this is the second cable that has frayed on me.....one on each side of our 5er. Like you, I'm PISSED!

I was actually told by a Keystone Customer Service Representative "what would you like me to do? Do you think your problem is more important than the other people already waiting for repairs?" My answer was, I'm not more important than anyone else. I would just like a little more support. How do you not know what cable to order TODAY when you know what trailer and slide-out I'm having issues with? Why can't you overnight the cable? Why did you refuse my request of a moble RV repair that operates out of The Keys.

I'm in the process of filling out a BBB complaint.

If you got a surly personality on the other end of the phone, I bet you that I can guess the name of that individual, as I have spoken with her a few times now and she must be a unhappy person. She has made it really personal. I'm responding by insisting that Keystone replace my air matress that came with a leak, repair the crack that has formed on my bathroom wall, fix the outside porch light that has started to rust, and replace the broken hing on one of my drawers....all things that I had intentions of repairing myself. I'm putting it back on them.

Is Keystone a good product? Before my purchase and after doing research I would have answered "yes". Does Keystone Customer Service lack? HELL YES!!
stlucia is offline   Reply With Quote