Thread: Slideout Cable
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
Badge

Angry Slideout Cable

I have a 2012 2700RL and we are traveling across the country. Yesterday I noticed my bedroom slide was making noises. I looked at the cable and noticed it was frayed. It is holding by just a few strands. I contacted a mobile repair service and he said he would need to order the part and it would be two or three days to get it here. I said that was unacceptable and I contacted Keystone. My rig is still under warranty and I have breakdown insurance. The insurance only covers the service call for mobile repair; If I were to take it to the dealer it would be covered. I can't wait three days. When I contacted Keystone they told me they could only ship the part to a authorized dealer, not the mobile repair man. I told them to ship it to the local dealer and the mobile repair would pick it up there. I asked that since this is under warranty that they ship it overnight air. They sounded like I was asking them to fly me home. I am stuck. I have all our belongings in our rig as well as our cats. We have reservations at other camps that will need to be adjusted and this just messes up everything. The least they could do is to ship it quickly.
After several calls and begging, they begrudgingly agreed. They told me that as a one time goodwill gesture they would do this. I was insulted. This is not a good will thing, this is just good business. I am saving them money by having this done by a mobile rv repair service. If I took it to a dealer they would be paying for all the dealer charges.
I am insulted by Keystones lack of costumer care. If this was a five year old rig I might understand. This is new and under warranty. This is also an item that Keystone might want to look at redesigning since many others have had the same problem.
Everyone needs to let Keystone know of this problem and see what their customer service is really made of.
2012 Montana 3700RL, Slide Toppers, Travler 3005 dish, Onan 5500, Load Range G tires, Jack Antenna. 2002 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LT,5 Speed Allison, CC, LB, Line-X,Tekonsha Prodigy, Firestone Ride Rite, Transfer Flow Midship Tank, ttt-mirrors, Garmin Nuvi 2597lmt, TST 507 Tire Monitor, Roto Chocks, Reese 20K
Badge is offline   Reply With Quote