View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 04:55 AM   #23
Nitehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
Just finished the install of the Glow Steps. Not to difficult. I used the old bolts that mounted the steps that were removed. I used a milk crate with cribbing to "catch" the old stairs and place the new ones on the bolt pattern.. Only mistake was putting those bolts in with the threads to the inside. The stairs would not completely store into the docking mechanism, so inverted them. No big deal.
Great tip Merlin, absolutely the best way to install.
Only complaint is the first step is a "doosie". It sits very low from the trailer floor level (maybe lower than OEM steps). DW tried the stairs out and said she could feel that high step making trouble for her ailing hip and knee. I told her to try stepping off backwards. It appears there is no real fix for that without major fabrication.
RMc
Mine was the same on the first step.. I just installed mine last weekend. Took a whole 25 min out of my day. While playing with the I found that by adjusting to distance the bottom step extends from the trailer the height of that first step decreases. Also discovered that there are two locking points . I think one is fully extended and the first one latches . But now with them in place and adjusted I am so glad that I chose torklift as opposed to the Moreride. Another benefit is that I do not have to worry so much about side clearance when parking against anything
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote