View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 05:24 AM   #17
flybouy
Site Team

Yes I remember sleeping on the rear shelf of my dad's 1959 Ford. Also rode bikes (very aggressively) without suiting up like a hockey goalie. Heck, even rode barefoot! I can also remember injuries being a learning experience and unless a bone was poking out no medical services were called for. With that being said, I'm all for safety but in today's world of litigation and seemingly NO ONE taking personal responsibility for their actions the mindset has shifted to the pendulum swinging over to placing people in a protective bubble. It used to be dad or friend's dad might let you ride in the bed of the pickup to the cg store , or mayme to get wood. If you asked to ride the 100 Miles home back there he had (or maye mom had) the common sense to say no, it's too dangerous. Seems to me today we expect to have a label or training/safety video warning you not to do that under penalty of a dozen laws. O.K. rant over. If I've offended anyone I apologize, I haven't been to sensitivity training in a while but let me know how your therapy goes and post a pick of your "and dog gonnit I'm a good person trophy."
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote