View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 06:39 PM   #82
mwemaxxowner

Yes, I'm 30. Yes, it's been about 7 or 8 years since I had a camper of my own. I have close family who has always had one of some kind even during my hiatus.

I'm not arguing with anyone, necessarily, but you must understand, and I'm sure you do, that there are always people who are paranoid and must have the absolute BEST of everything. 3 times the load rating on this, twice the necessary strength on that, etc etc etc. While traipsing through the world wide web one must sift through all that and weigh it with personal experience, budgets, other research, etc to decide what's best to do. Figure out what's good advice and what's just overkill due to paranoia and stories on the internet.

I'm not one to do something because somebody tells me "you just should". Especially when I've seen with my own eyes that other ways work just fine. Now, of someone wants to present reasons why, research, and data, that's different. But I don't think anyone can convince me that a valve stem that's listed for trailer use and up to 100 psi is not going to work for a medium size (at best) camper at 65 psi.

I don't know yet if I will try to use a tpms system on the trailer. It would be very nice, but it's also kind of expensive. I have enough devices and screens to look at in my truck as it is. When I purchase tires I will price everything out. I can't imagine any valve stem is all that expensive, but the only reason to run them seems to be that they're required with tpms sensors. I will also talk to my tire guys. I trust them, and they like for me to be safe, but don't try to sell me stuff I don't need just to make a buck.
mwemaxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote