View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
Wayne

We have a 2012 299RKS but are actually trading it in when our new Columbus arrives. I am 6' 1" & my head touches up front, close to the closet doors. I sleep on the bath side so there I have plenty of headroom.

I remodeled the stairs to make them three 7" steps instead of two 10 & 1/2" steps & it looks factory. I also left the bottom step open to store shoes. We also replaced the rocking recliners with theater seating (we never have to strap or turn it when preparing to travel).

The only real complaint we have is the wall paper. It is coming loose (at the top of the wall) on several seams. It is also pulling at the corner of some cabinets & a couple windows. Every trip seems to produce more. I checked with the Cougar HC social group (found under the community heading above) & apparently no one else has experienced this problem.

We have put approx 10K miles on it (several trips to Florida & back) & we have been very pleased with everything but the wallpaper. You can access the Frig (it is tight) & bath with the slides closed & that is nice.

The new ones also have 50 amp which allows the 2nd AC. I will also add that we upgraded the AC to the 15 & with a fan in the BR, we have been very comfortable in high 90's temperature.

FYI: We are not trading because of the wall paper. We have loved the Columbus since it came out; shortly after buying our Cougar. This is our 2nd Cougar & I still think they are a decent RV for the price point. Good luck with yours & many happy trails.
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
Husky slide
2012 Cougar HC 299RKS

Remember, "No matter where you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote