View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 04:22 AM   #30
JimSchwenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I have not found an easy way to change orientation. In the past, for a few photos that have been posted, I've downloaded the photo, used the Windows photo viewer to invert, or otherwise change the orientation of the photo, then reposted it as an edit to the original post, then deleted the "upside down" photo. It's labor intensive and means downloading a file that may have some added content (virus) so I only do it occasionally. I don't know of anyone who has encountered the problem when using a "real computer" and as far as I can determine, the only issues with photo orientation has been when using an "app" to post. I'd guess it has something to do with the "automatic portrait/landscape" feature in phones and tablets.
I only post my own photos, and it's easy to go into my file manager, right click, rotate, and go upload it again. You may be onto something regarding the auto portrait/landscape feature, because many of the photos were taken with my phone, even though they are now on my computer and cloud.

Facebook and some other platforms allow you to flip and rotate right in the app, but forums and other "old school" setups don't have the feature. Given the popularity of owner forums for vehicle and other items, you'd think someone would have figured it out by now.

Sounds like a luxury problem for me. If figuring out how to flip photos here is the worst thing that happens to me today, then by golly I'm having a pretty good day!