Thread: camping on sand
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
cumminsdad08

we stayed at the beach for about 5 days this summer, and i used/have wide and tall blocking under the stabalizers. i used a very wide board under the trailer jack, and parked all the tires on those level blocks from wally world. (of course leveled it too, but made sure each tire had one under it). i don't usually try to make the trailer taller, but figured it would work better then then the tire alone. i checked the level i think on day 4 and it droped a little on the front end, but not much. i think it was the rain we had the night before. didn't notice any more movement in the trailer then usual. as for traking sand in, we used the rug outside, one of those all season grass carpet things, cut to fit on the first step, and a rug right inside the door. seemed to work well. only sand we found came from the kids brining it in with there toys( and in there diapers and under-roo's). good luck and have fun. we also kept the vacume charged and ready to go at all times.(nothing unusual there)
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote