View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Furrion has been a "hanger on" type of company that sold Chinese imported TV's and stereos to the outlet stores and RV manufacturers for several years. A few years ago Lippert bought Furrion and invested a lot of money into converting them from a "cheap knockoff distributor" to an "innovator in RV design" (their advertising not mine). It was about the same time that Lippert bought Denver Mattress Company and Dexter Axle Company. As Lippert expands, so will Furrion.

As for quality, IMHO (for whatever it's worth) Lippert's reputation has not been sterling. They are working to change that as they grow, but looking at some of their brands and their past trailer chassis problems with substandard production, they have a lot of room to grow. To me, it's sort of like the Goodyear reputation with Marathon tires and the new Endurance line. They may be a significant improvement, but then they may also be a US produced Marathon. I hope they're successful, but the proof is not in buying to find out, but in waiting to see the results.... So for me, Furrion is a "new kid on the block" owned by a company with a cloudy reputation. YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote