View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 03:45 AM   #56
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMK View Post
*Update: After having all 5 tires replaced last fall, I had two more catastophic blowouts again the same day a couple of weeks ago. This time it did quite a bit of damage to the J-wrap and took out the DARCO in the wheel wells! Of course one on each side and after I had used my spare also had a coach-net call for help from the side of the Interstate! These Carlise Radial Trail HD's are junk!!! (Yes I have been weighed by smart weigh, use a Eez TPMS and do not drive over 65 mph!!). If you have them get rid of them tomorrow before they damage your rig! Discount Tire filed a damage claim on my behalf to Carlise. They also told me they are discontinuing this tire from stock from all the trouble others have had!

I have an appointment this next week at MORrhyde to upgrade to the 8K IS suspension/disc brakes and wheels & tires to the 235 70/ R17.5 G114 H rated and those damn Carlises couldn't get me there without failing and damaging my rig again!!! I am so ready to be over this junk!
David, so sorry to hear of your troubles. That really sucks.

Is this a second series of Carlisle blow outs for you? In an older post, you replaced Trailer Kings to Carlisles in August of 2015. Having it happen once is bad. Twice would be devastating.

A lot of us run Carlisles, me included and will be curious about your issues. Do you know what the manufacture date is on the tires that blew? This information will surely help others out. Thanks for sharing your update.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote