View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 04:46 PM   #17
Gresh1"03

Floor rot update

It has been a while since I first posted about this, the issue has continued to get worse and we have found other areas that are soft under the other window and kitchen. I have tried to contact Keystone multiple times and have finally received a reply back. They approved to pay to have a local facility take a look at it and diagnose the issue even though it is out of warranty. I can honestly say that the individuals I have been dealing with have been very helpful, polite, and seem to be willing to help. So far this has been a positive experience.

Today I brought it to the service center and after looking around for a few hours, peeling back the rubber floor mat, cutting the bottom barrier, and removing the window, we have figured out the water leak is coming from the rear windows. Although the inside and outside walls didn't have a sign of water damage, there is clear sign of water intrusion through the window upper forward seal and down the forward cutout into the floor. Unfortunately, the floor is about 50% rotted at this point and not sure what can be done. We have figured out the smell we have been smelling has been the mold, this makes me extremely upset due to my 3 young daughters sleeping right on top of it. This information will be relayed to Keystone to see what the outcome will be. I am hoping we can come to an agreement and this is a positive experience. Sorry for the length but figured it maybe helpful for others.
Gresh1"03 is offline   Reply With Quote