View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 04:39 AM   #8
Dblhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
This is a little late and I hope you have your controller set. I have the Primus IQ and the above recommendations are right. I believe the instructions say to pull the trailer up to about 20-25 mph and push the manual bar until the tires lock and then back it (the adjustment wheel) down so that the tires will not lock up. You need to do this if you reload/unload etc. because your weight changes. You also have the b1, b2 settings for an initial boost when braking. I use b1 as anything above that really gives you a jolt when you first hit the brakes. Hope that helps.
Hi sourdough, I have the Primus IQ as well and being new to RVing and pulling trailers I am haviing some doubts about setting the gain. I was told to set it to 6 by the dealer and adjust it, but to be honest, I can't seem to feel if the trailer is skidding. I currently have it set to 9 on the gain and the trailer stops when I use the manual bar, but I can't help but feel that I am wrong. Is there a way to tell if you are skidding?
Dblhack is offline   Reply With Quote