View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 10:59 AM   #24
Local150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I agree with Joe. For a one time thing that might be OK but if that is the plan for every time you use the trailer it will be extremely annoying IMO. Can a dump truck get into that 50' that is problematic? We have the gravel road to our house in the mountains re-graveled periodically and it's not too expensive to have them come in and just drop/spread it with the truck - I usually like to get about 4" down. The larger gravel (1" +) just moves around and won't pack but the smaller gravel with chat in it compacts and gets hard. I don't know what a dirt/gravel contractor would charge in your area but I think (been a while and poor memory) we pay about $300 a truck load. They just drive up, start at one end and slowly open/lift the bed. Wider areas require a 2nd pass. If needed, we spread/level with rakes. I would far, far rather do that than place/remove snow chains for a small muddy area. Plus, after a few rounds through the mud spinning those chains they will have to come out and repair the holes/ruts with something anyway. JMO
I have to agree with sourdough
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote