View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 10:38 PM   #729
LHaven

Encountered a real Scoobie mystery...

Yesterday, bringing the rig home from the tire shop, noticed one of the front upper clearance lights was out. Got out the ladder today, removed the fixture, and found the light not merely disconnected, but with both leads appearing to have been cut with a knife! There are no matching wires inside the hole (looked with a flashlight, then with my HF "industrial proctoscope"; will try once more tomorrow with dental mirrors just to make sure).

It's quite possible this light has never actually worked and I never noticed it, though I thought I had run a complete light check before our extended trip 12 months ago (and we haven't been much of anywhere since). Course, that would have been in sunshine and we almost never pull at night, so I might have been fooled all this time.

If I can't find the feed cable that's supposed to be there (hm, maybe Amos couldn't either, and just faked it?) I plan to try to use my set of fiberglass pull-rods to snake a cable across to the opposite light and tap into it. Should be a thrill.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7613.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	29396