View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 10:18 PM   #10
buzzcop63

I could not get my trailer to our driveway from storage for the wash and wax due to our cul-de-sac being too full of cars. So spent some time trying to figure out how I was going to wash the top of our trailer. We had rain so I thought I would go over in the rain, take my long handled soft brush I wash the Tundra with and see if I could not use the rain to rinse the trailer roof as I cleaned off the winters dirt. Being retired I have the time so over to the trailer I go with my long ladder and working my way around the sides I was able to brush the top and as it was wet the dirt loosened up. Good so far but the rain quite! My Oregon rain failed me and everything I had loosed up now dried up! So back home and bring over some 20 3 quart bottles of filtered water that I had been saving up for this season and washed and rinsed the roof again, only now all the drained white oxidation ran down the sides. So then it was clean all the way around the trailer and rinse off with one bottle at a time. Then it was every couple of days go back over to trailer and wax a section until my 70-year-old arms would not function then home to get sympathy from wife. Also got up on roof and caulked, cleaned all the plastic, lubed the TV antenna. Still doing spit and polish work but just about finished, also changing all the lights to LED's.