View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59kaddy View Post
forgot to turn off the battery disconnect for one week while unit was in storage and both batteries went dead. the stereo system in this unit has a display screen which cannot be turned off and is drawing the power.

just have to get into the habit of making sure the disconnect gets turned off everytime it goes into storage.

thanks for your help.
There are other vampire drains like the propane detector. Unless you pull the fuses or install switches, they're things we have to learn to live with and compensate for as needed. Check your manual on the stereo. Most of them have a method of turning the display or back light off.

But storage is the one situation where you want to completely shut the system down by disconnecting the batteries or switching them off.

We have to store our trailer away from our home so when I park it there, the last thing I do is shut down the batteries and lock that compartment. When I get it out of storage, I have to turn on the batteries so that I can retract the landing gear when I hookup.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote