Thread: Packin' RV
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #68
Ken / Claudia

Well guys and gals who never had anything bad happen. The rest stop on I-5 near Wilsonville just South of Portland had 2 murders in the Southbound side that I am aware of and 1 police shooting. Another victim was picked up there and murdered somewhere else. Hundreds if not more drug, sex crime, assault,
and warrant arrests and calls weekly from a citizen informing State Police of some type of crime activity at either the North or South rest stops. That was in my 25 years. The rest stop on I 205, now closed in West Linn had just as bad a problem, we went into the place every night for 4 or 5 months undercover and made 198 arrests if I remember right.
That is just here whats the crime stats in your rest stops.
The office patrol area covered 3 state campgrounds, 1 State wildlife area and many county, national forest parks and campgrounds. We normally only covered the state stuff. Every summer theft reports, vehicle break ins, drunks causing problems. The highest crimes I took was a once a kidnap and once a stabbing in a state park.
Not overwhelming crime stats but, the same things happen in those places as anywhere there are people.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote