View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 07:27 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCain View Post
My experience is that it does not take much at all to dent this siding on the hideout. I was on the ladder once checking the roof and it leaned up against the siding and made a dent. I think i sneezed to hard one time and saw the siding bend.....

BTDT !!! The 0.020 siding used on trailers is often called, "Oh too thin" siding... Keystone "improved" their siding and now uses 0.022/0.024 aluminum. IMHO, like an extra 2 thousands is going to make a difference..... Jayco, for a while, used to stamp a pattern in their "Oh too thin" siding, sort of like the thin gauge aluminum trailer boxes now have, thinking the "pebble pattern" would help reduce dents. All it really did was mask them so they're harder to see and make holes that hold dirt and make the siding look old and dirty all the time.

"Tin foil" crinkles easily, 0.020 siding crinkles almost as easy and 0.022 siding dents when you sneeze..... But hey, it's easier and cheaper to replace than the vacuum formed sandwich FILON used in its place......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote